LINC-90C: Module 3b|
Banner Making in Canva
Instructor: Kim Randall
Module 3b Assignment|
Make a banner for your Google Site in Canva. There are a couple of steps to take to set this up correctly. I'll list them below as well add in a screencast for you to watch. 1) Once you have signed into Canva, click on the purple button in the top right hand corner that says "Create a Design"
2) In the window that pops up, select "Custom Size" down at the bottom
3) Enter width & height in px (pixels). For the banner you can enter 800x200 px
(width x height in px). You can also play around with or try 1400x425 px.
4) It will then bring you into a blank white page for you to design.
At the top you will see untitled design next to the share button.
Please rename it: "Your Last Name Winter21 Linc 90C Banner"
(So mine would be Randall Winter21 Linc 90C Banner)
5) From here you can begin your design! Try out the suggested templates
and then customize yours by adding elements or changing fonts and colors, etc.
6) Once you have your design set you'll then need to download it.
The download button is in the upper right hand corner.
You can use the default settings and download as a .png
7) Next open up your Google Site you created in Module 1.
Find the header, select banner, & upload your banner you just downloaded from Canva.
(Note it will likely look darker due to Google adjusting it for accessibility).
What You Will Turn In Via Canvas
Since this is about making a design in Canva and collaborating, please turn in
the share link to your Canva creation in to Canvas. (Hopefully that's not confusing,
these are named similarly)!
Finding the share link in Canva:
1) Go back to your design in Canva
2) Find the share button (to the left of the download button) and click on it
3) A window will open and scroll to the bottom where it says "Share a link".
It will give you options for edit, template, or view. Please select either
edit or view (either one is fine). Then select copy link.
4) Come back to this assignment in Canvas and in the assignment
submission submit paste the link, and submit.
5) I will look at your design in Canva and Google Sites.
6) Screencast Assignment Walk Through
Doing this Assignment "Module 3b" in HTML
1) Sign Up to Free Canva Account
2) Try out Canva's suggested templates
3) Chose template "Explore the Wonders of Learning"
4) Change to "Explore the Wonders of WisdomPortal.com"
5) Chose template "Go Beyond"
6) Change to "Explore the Wonders of WisdomPortal.com"
7) Using Banner to Create Canva Logo
| Poems 2021 | Nature Walks | Interesting News | Books | A-Z Portals | Home |